Just a little something to share...
While browsing through the December issue of Redbook Magazine *..I came across this fabulous little gadget. It turns your newspaper into tightly wound kindling logs for your fireplace! Genius! For $49.50 at www.duluthtrading.com
Which made me think... I miss newspaper! With everything being online these days, I haven't picked up a newspaper in forever!!!!
Did YOU know?
- That Newspaper can help halt weed growth in your yard?! Apparently it helps keep the moisture around your plants. You're supposed to shred it and spread it out...then you cover it with compost moisture. **
- Also! Lets not forget that you can wrap your holiday or post holiday gifts! The comics section is fabulous... or perhaps the sports section for your husband... or shopping section for sister..hehe
- You can use it to clean your glass windows! yup!
- Line your pet's litter box :)
- a drop cloth for home projects
a fun necklace! Like this one from ReCreateIt
- Deodorize food containers by stuffing a ball of newspaper into it and letting it sit overnight.
- Dry your wet shoes. Crumple paper, and let it sit inside the show overnight.
“Newspaper, by design, is a very absorbent product, because it has to absorb ink. But that also means it is equipped to absorb all sorts of moisture, including moisture and the resulting odors found in shoes and vegetable drawers," says Chris Morrissey, vice president of marketing for Sun Chemical, in Northlake, Illinois, the world’s largest printing-ink manufacturer.
So there ya go!
Thank you to: